Wordpress is a light weight opensource, with the help of this we can build any website which has CMS and BLOG features. So over here I am describing a few features of the WordPress.
Standards Acquiescence: Wordpress generated code is in full acquiescence with the standards of the W3Cand it is not only important for today’s browser but also important for compatibility with next generation tools.
No Rebuilding: Page can be created dynamically from admin panel. For this reason there is no need to generate any static page as we can create it by just selecting the template.
Procedure to create template:
- Enter to your theme directory. It is in wp-contentthemes of your wordpress project directory.
- Now enter to your theme directory. Create there a new php file and write the following code on top of your page.
<?php /* Template Name: New Template
Your HTML Code Here
- After saving the page, come to the page create section in admin panel and in the template section area you can see that a new template has been created named as the “New Template”
- Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static “About” page that you manage through WordPress and you can also generate different layouts for different pages by configuring template pages.
SEO Friendly Link: WordPress allows you to manage your URL structure directly from the permalink section of the admin panel.
WordPress Theme Concept: Using the full theme system concept, we have developed different themes of different looks and designed everything from the simplest blog to the most complicated webzine.
Spam Protection: WordPress has the feature to protect your site from spam mail or spam comment by introducing captcha concept. We have added some features to it by applying audio captcha concept and also by implementing namespace concept in captcha, we have implanted multiple captcha for multiple forms.
User Privilege: WordPress has five types of users, which are Subscriber, Administrator, Editor, Author and Contributor. Each user type has some privilege restriction, but in one of our projects one another usertype required some customizing privilege type. For that purpose we have created a new usertype and build it up in such a way, so that all the assigned privileges can be customized from backend.
Password Protected Post: Wordpress post has the option to make it public or private. Using it, we have implemented such types of blogs so that the guest users are not able to view any private post without password authentication.
Integration between WordPress and Magento:
We have integrated WordPress with Magento to implement the blog functionality in Magento. For this purpose, we have installed WordPress within the Magento directory and created a Magento module and with the help of that module we have configured WordPress DB connection and afterwards created a controller, which will display all the posts in Magento categorically and even over there we have collected the custom plugins data, which is basically used for WordPress.
Latest posts by Avishek Biswas (see all)
- Solving the Fedex Integration Problem in Magento - July 26, 2012
- WordPress and Integration of WordPress with Magento - December 14, 2011