Getting Ready for Tomorrow? Fuse ERP and Cloud:
It wasn’t long ago when the industry leaders were widely under the impression the enterprise IT cloud package and enterprise resource planning (ERP) were two non-associative domains. However, the change has occurred due to the inclusion of SaaS and cloud applications into the mainframe of enterprise IT strategy. The modern enterprises have realized that without integrating sales force automation (SFA), talent management and ERP, it is not possible to survive the challenges that the modern business environment has to offer.
Compared to the conventional computing models, Cloud has emerged as a more reliable option when it comes to not only making this fusion happen but also in terms of providing critical support to businesses in terms of enterprise mobility, critical decision making process and wholesome management of the business’s social presence along with analysis of the data. Moving the ERP (Enterprise Resource System) to Cloud, these multivarious objectives can be attained alongside specific business and technological benefits.
Here follows some of the major difference that shifting of the ERP to Cloud may make for Enterprise IT:
- Brighter possibility in terms of receiving the most competent, customizable and feature-rich ERP Cloud applications from the most reliable and reputable software vendors
- Seamless execution of the software platforms
- Complete discretion for an organization in terms of paying for the usage (as with moving ERP to Cloud, the payment becomes entirely dependent on the nature of usage and not the traditional fixed package based)
- The mandatory shift of IT expenditure from capital investment to operation segment contributes to overall business improvement along with the promise for cash outflow
- Organizations may indulge into innovative, R&D product development in a cost effective manner and without worrying about maintaining the necessary infrastructure, required for such extensive efforts
- Seamless deployment of applications takes care of the value for money and also provides newer resources for strategic actions
- Long-term and personalizable support for users, expanding the scope for their growth
- More the number of ERM applications in the Cloud, more convenience user enjoys in data integration and eliminating the unnecessary data
Apart from these striking differences, businesses, in particular, are sure to enjoy ample benefits. Some of the most relevant benefits in this context are:
- Important aspects like productivity and employee satisfaction enhance significantly
- Real-time data support and embedded analytics feature ease up the important decision making process for strategy development, crisis management and other important business decisions
- Possibilities of connecting at the social sphere and productivity improves further thanks to the embedded social collaboration features
- Undisputed support to access these applications through mobile devices
- Information sharing becomes more convenient alongside the possibilities of collaboration
- Customer support finds a more integrated platform thanks to the feature that makes back office and front office complementing and supplementing each other
- Data filtration system embedded with the operating platform makes important decision making more error free, transparent and swift
- Financial closing system becomes more user friendly as access to data and other relevant information becomes swifter and quicker
- Sorting out the right balance in terms of financial requirement of an organization amidst domains namely, capital and operating budget
The increasing popularity of the trend of moving ERP to cloud computing along with the use of SaaS (Software as a Service) is revolutionizing the way businesses used to run. The Cloud and SaaS combo is letting businesses to deploy and execute their business values and competitive advantages in the manner that they decide most suitable for their growth. SaaS was there since 1990s onward but businesses were quite reluctant in making it an essential component of the enterprise IT strategizing. The turnkey feature of the operating model helps users in integrating various service platforms into one, which can be accessed and worked upon via a reliable internet connection. Getting real-time, big data with ERP on cloud is real easy and highly relevant at the same time, as business owners receive timely and relevant insight about their enterprises’ performance and take necessary actions to address any situation of crisis or dissatisfaction.
Cloud is not just a future anymore! It is happening now and the sooner you take the right decision about sifting your ERP on Cloud quicker your organization will join the parameters of achievement, which would define the corporations of future.
Latest posts by Darpan Ghosh (see all)
- The Most Frequent Mistakes Businesses are committing in Managing Enterprise Mobility - December 9, 2014
- Internet of Things (IoT) Making Cloud Increasingly Indispensible - July 14, 2014
- BYOD Management Perfects Enterprise Mobility - May 28, 2014