Online reputation management is receiving increasing attention from the small and mid-scale companies, as web marketing and web-based service sector continues to boom. Business owners are convinced that keeping name of the company or website clean from all sorts of negative reputation is one of the most effective ways for brand building. Customers, on the other hand, take into consideration negative reviews about a particular website or an organization quite seriously.
Internet has clearly given them a better access to delve to the fathoms of a service provider’s reputation, especially when it hails from the web-based domain. Leading websites like Yelp and Angie’s List are widely considered reliable enough in bringing opinion of users, who have already used services of the company in question, to the forefront. In an environment of extreme competition, business owners and brand builders can’t simply ignore negative reviews that pop-up every time someone googles name of the company. Online reputation management, in such cases, is the best outlet they can rely upon.
What is Online Reputation Management in Brief?
Online reputation management is a relatively new domain of service that aims at managing web-based presence of organizations. With every passing year, organizations, capable of managing online goodwill of their clientele, are growing strong in terms of both numbers and resources. A recent survey has also shown extent and potential of growth for this industry. Some of the major instruments that these companies use to provide their customers with desired results are:
- Managing reviews that are published online
- Online profile creation and figuring out the new strategic measures to manage negative reviews (pushing them off from the first few pages of search results)
- Focusing on the brand attribute of the organization
- Constant monitoring and providing newer insight over services of the website
Despite all the benefits that online reputation management companies have to offer theoretically, on the other hand, in practice, several anomalies have been reported. Due to this reason, several experts opine that it is better to take control of the situation; rather than spending quite a big amount, paying the reputation management firms. Many may doubt the rate of success with this self-propelled and motivated initiative will not be adequate when it comes to managing reputation online. However, with the right tool and strategic insight, this objective is attainable without much difficulty.
What Should Be Your Strategic Steps for Self-propelled Online Reputation Management?
- Stay Alert: Google Alerts is a bare necessity for people, companies or business owners when it comes to staying updated always about what their customers/clients have to say about them. This facility enables you to receive instant information about feedbacks that users of your service have to deliver, whether positive or negative.
- Prepare a Transparent Social Presence: The presence of a company or a business, whether small or big, is a must on social media platforms. Moreover, being present is not enough unless you know how to prepare a brand image for your business/organization. So, make sure that every section or detail that your customers deserve to know bears truthful information. Fail to do so or not serious to take these aspects seriously and you will simply give away the chance to defend your position, in case any bad review is published.
- Try Being Proactive than Reactive: Quite frequently, business owners and self-initiated online business managers make the mistake of being reactive, which means countering or contradicting a negative review. Ideally, they should be proactive. It means, instead of being defensive about your reputation, you should use it as a platform to generate highly informative and quality content. In this way, you will give your customers positive vibe about your company. Alongside, you should also deliver services, matching the standard of your promises. In this way, your business with receive sufficient positive reviews to ward off the negative ones to the farthest corner of search engine results.
- Help Your Customer Perceiving Your Identity: Don’t carry forward with the impression of a corporate entity with your customer; rather focus upon creating an image that your targeted group of audience feels excited to interact. Every time a person, after using your services, expresses dissatisfaction over web, make sure you approach him with the same interactive image and try your best to address the problem. This is a great way to increase brand loyalty and receive positive reviews from customers.
Start Reputation Management Today and Triumph in the Long Run:
The advent of web marketing and business has proven one thing – short term success means nothing unless you have a concrete vision for the future. Online reputation management is one of the most effective tools that help you to get a stronger grip over the situation you want to reach in the long run. If you wish to sustain and grow, rather than being buried under negative reviews, reputation management is the perfect outlet. At the same time, be assured that preparing a flexible planning with positive consideration of the above-mentioned steps will also relieve you from hiring a company, specialized in delivering services of this nature. So, don’t let the negative reviews stand as the biggest impediment against the growth of your business. Start with online reputation management in a planned manner and you will be able to push the aspects, opposing your market goodwill, to the extent of oblivion.
Image Credit: WaspMarketing.com
Latest posts by Darpan Ghosh (see all)
- The Most Frequent Mistakes Businesses are committing in Managing Enterprise Mobility - December 9, 2014
- Internet of Things (IoT) Making Cloud Increasingly Indispensible - July 14, 2014
- BYOD Management Perfects Enterprise Mobility - May 28, 2014