Maketick Salesforce-Compiere Connector allows users to connect Salesforce CRM and Compiere to manage their Inventory manage system with CRM data. As most repositories can differ in their object signatures, a mapping file was enabled in order to define the repository object signatures as well as the objects and fields to index. The indexed content can then be customized by modifying the mapping file.
Here is a list of the available Salesforce connector features:
- Easy to Connect.
- Used very secured SOAP connection.
- Business Partner and Order Synchronization.
- Product Synchronization.
- Inventory Synchronization.
- Warehouse Synchronization.
- Two separate applications running independently on different servers find it difficult to talk each other during synchronization process begins.
- Mapping data elements is really difficult between Salesforce & Compiere.
- Salesforce has a few API limitations. Higher number of callouts is not possible.
Salesforce-Compiere Connector Workflow
Key Features of Compiere:
1. More Reliable Data: With Compiere, you input customer, vendor, and transaction data only once. Compiere shares this information across all departments and users authorized to access the information. Compiere’s intelligent architecture ensures that you are getting the most up-to-date information available whenever you need it.
2. Professional Open Source accounting: Open Source solutions like Compiere offer numerous benefits over commercial software – like low cost of ownership and unparalleled product control. Compiere offers a true open source accounting experience.
3. Accounting Software Designed for the Global Economy: Compiere is ready for the global economy. A key part of Compiere’s Model-driven Application Platform has the ability to customize your ERP system and accounting features to meet the requirements of your global business, including support for one or many of the following:
- Accounting Standards
- Tax Laws
Because of this global-ready design, your customized Compiere business solution is easier to maintain and to extend. Equally important, implementing global features at the platform level rather than at the application level results in greater stability and reliability for your application.
4. Web-based and Window-based Interfaces: Compiere creates an environment free of restrictive rules that limit your business processes. Its model based architecture enables you to be in control of every aspect of the ERP application and continue to adapt, update, add new features, and extend Compiere to fit the needs of your company. This open source solution is platform independent to suit all types of businesses – and it has a new Web browser based solution to access it’s ERP solution from any Web-accessible client. The Compiere Web architecture utilizes the latest generation of Rich Internet Applications (RIA) technology to deliver robust functionality, usability, responsiveness and personalization through a Web browser.
5. Fast and Flexible Implementation: Unlike other ERP applications, with Compiere the decisions you make today CAN be changed tomorrow. All of the information provided during implementation can be adapted or modified at any time to meet the changing needs and demands of your company. By choosing Compiere, you can reduce hidden organizational, on-going-integration, operational and maintenance costs
Salesforce Key Features:
1. Better visibility to customer information – Reps can see all of their accounts, contacts, opportunities, tasks, and events in a single place. It offers the convenience of always being organized and a 360 degree view of the customer. It means no more paper folders, Excel spreadsheets, sticky notes – it’s all in Salesforce CRM.
2. Easy account planning – Reps can do their own account planning. In Salesforce CRM, reps can see their customers’ history to help them develop an account strategy and an action plan, complete with to-do tasks. Reps can also create reminders of follow-up activities on specific dates. Finally, they can see the amount of time committed to each account and the outcome of their efforts.
3. Better time management – Reps can better prioritize their days and manage their activities. They can see their calendars and upcoming tasks on their home pages. And by checking the Opportunities view in Salesforce CRM; they can focus on and prioritize current opportunities.
4. Reports – Reps can run their own reports, including the following:
- Accounts they haven’t visited in a while
- Opportunities in the pipeline, including won opportunities and lost opportunities
- Products they’ve sold
- Activities and tasks they completed
5. Dashboards – Reps can create their own dashboards to see how they’re doing – at a glance. With dashboards, they can see the information that’s critical to them, in various graph formats. They can also designate red, yellow, and green thresholds to show progress towards their goals.
6. Trending Analyses – Reps can see selling trends and use this information to generate more sales. With trending analysis, it’s possible to calculate the win/loss ratio on opportunities, see monthly trends with opportunities in the pipeline, see the types of activities the rep does most, and see the number of closed deals versus the decided targets.
7. Forecast opportunities – Since all opportunities are updated in Salesforce CRM, reps can see where sales are coming in from, what the forecast was for previous periods, and where they can sell more. They no longer have to update Excel spreadsheets and mail their forecasts to their managers. Their managers will be happy as well – they can edit the forecasts without needing additional spreadsheets.
8. Email templates – Reps can communicate more easily and consistently with their customers. Salesforce CRM provides standard email templates – such as Introductory Sales Call, Welcome Customer, and Thank You for Your Business – that can be easily edited and sent to multiple contacts.
9. Easy data updates – With the click of a button, reps can request that their contacts update their contact information. As with other email templates, it’s easy to customize this “stay-in-touch” email. When the contact responds, reps can decide whether to accept the updated information.
10. Easy collaboration – Reps can share information with their team members. This feature saves time when there are changes such as territory realignment, when information needs to be passed to the next account owner. Reps can add team members to either accounts or opportunities.
11. Built-in record search and create – Reps can quickly create or search for the records they need. They can also add new leads, accounts, contacts, and opportunities with a single click.
12. Outlook integration – Being able to synchronize contacts, tasks, and calendar events between Outlook and Salesforce CRM is a huge boon to productivity. Reps no longer have to send emails twice. Emails sent from Outlook can also be added as a record in Salesforce CRM and Salesforce CRM can be accessed from Outlook folders.
13. No more micromanagement – Because managers can easily see histories, they can look into the application for pipeline information instead of constantly asking their reps for it. Also, accountability issues are easily resolved since reps always know what is assigned to them.
Connector at a Glance
Our Integration Process:
We called the Salesforce data from Compiere, took the response based on this data and updated Salesforce status.
Compiere Side Code
Configuring Salesforce – Here we have used the Salesforce WSC library, where we can create object MetaData. We set the correct Metadata server URL to the ConnectorConfig.
If we are using Proxy then we must set that in configuration.
Fetching Data: The code below shows how to use the connector object to fetch data from Salesforce.
Updating Salesforce from Compiere:
Code below describes how to Update Salesforce status.